July 22 Deadline
Scripted is a script writing competition offered to Carolina Filmakers that takes their vision from the script to the screen
We will offer a $12,000 cash budget for the winning script to produce their short film. Wheelhouse Media will also offer production support throughout the production timeline..
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Scripted Charlotte?
SCRIPTED CHARLOTTE is a Charlotte based screenwriting contest sponsored by Wheelhouse Media and the Wheelhouse Foundation. The goal of the contest is to unveil the talented screenwriters in Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas and to provide them with a budget of $12,000 to bring take their script from the paper to the big screen.
So, how does it work?
- Step 1: Submit your original screenplay that is no more than twenty (20) pages in length by July 22. For a full set of rules and regulations, you can click here.
- Step 2: Each film will be read by an independent panel and voted on.
- Step 3: The top three (3) scripts will be sent on to our judges for final review. Each of the three (3) finalists will also be interviewed by a representative of Wheelhouse Media and/or The Wheelhouse Foundation. After which the judges and Wheelhouse Media will together decide on a final winner by August 10th, 2017.
- Step 4: Final Winner will be announced publicly no later than August 15th, 2017
- Step 5: Film production can begin immediately and may run until October 10th, 2017.
- Step 6: The winning film will premiere at a red carpet screening that will take place on October 25, 2017.
What are the Rules?
For a full set of rules and regulations, you can click here.
How do I Submit my screenplay?
Submit your original screenplay that is no more than twenty (20) pages here.